Total Pageviews

Monday, April 16, 2012

super yum: mexican trifle bowl salad


I think this is my first time ever posting a recipe on my blog, but I want to start doing it more often. For me personally, the best incentive to try out a new recipe is if it's received the stamp of approval from a family member or friend. With that said, consider this recipe STAMPED. Oh, and before I type it out, I should say that it comes from a Pampered Chef set of recipes that are supposed to be made in the Pampered Chef trifle bowl...but any bowl will work.

Ingredients:
1 box Jiffy corn bread mix (plus ingredients to make)
4 oz. can chopped green chilies
1 clove of garlic, pressed
1 can pinto beans
1 can whole kernel corn
1 large tomato, diced
1 large green pepper, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

(for the dressing):
1 cup mayo
1 cup sour cream
1 pkg. dry ranch dressing mix

**Mix corn bread mix according to package directions, addin in can of chopped green chilies and garlic. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Cool.
**Mix together dressing ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
**Crumble corn bread and layer half on the bottom of the trifle bowl. Add in layers of half each of pinto beans, corn, tomato, green pepper, onion, chicken, dressing, and cheese. Repeat layers.

This keeps really well in the refrigerator and (I think) tastes even better the second day!

3 comments:

The Blackley Tribe said...

um...yum! This pregnant mommy is now craving a mexican layered dip thanks to this post ;)

SharynsSlant said...

Hi Lindsey,
Could you please contact me by email about permission to use your trifle bowl salad photo. It looks awesome. Thanks so much!
Sharon
smitty368@sbcglobal.net

SharynsSlant said...

btw, I am a writer on hubpages.com and working on an article about trifle bowl recipes. If I use your photo, you will get credit with a link to your site. Look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks so much!