Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 5, 2012

cuteness

Henry is getting more and more fun everyday it seems. The other day Dameon and I agreed that we wish we could just freeze him right now. He is getting so talkative and so independent (mostly in a good way). Here are a few cute stories from the past week:

The other day I was sitting at the table eating breakfast. Henry was playing in the entryway. I couldn't quite see him, but I could hear him. He started to repeatedly grunt. For a minute I thought he was probably doing his business. When I peeked around the corner, I saw him sitting on the floor with the photo album. He had it opened to a picture of my parents and was reaching for them and grunting for them to pick him up. Awwwwwww...

Last Saturday we all went to the mall to find some new shoes for Henry. I wanted to go to Stride Rite because I had seen several cute pairs online, but I wanted to try them on him. Barry the Stride Rite employee had clearly been working there awhile and clearly knew his stuff. He measured Henry's feet and then told us that his current shoes were way too small. When I told him he's been tripping a lot he said it's because Henry needs extra wide shoes. His current shoes were too narrow and were curling his foot, making it hard for him to walk. (Yep, I patted myself on the back for that one.) Sure enough, he strapped those 5.5 extra wides on Henry's very square feet and off he went walking better than ever! Naturally the shoes that really caught his eye were the glittery pink Sesame Street sandals. "The girls get all the fun colors," said Barry. So true, Barry. So true. The cutest part is that Henry is so proud of his new shoes. He talks about them at random times throughout the day (shoes! shoes!) and pauses to smile at them when he's wearing them. Precious.

On Monday night when we were getting him ready for bed, I told him that the next day would be Tuesday so we would go to storytime. He immediately reached out his hand and said, "Butt! Butt! Butt!" Turns out that the mere mention of our weekly outing to the library reminds him of the button he'll get to push to make the door open. Yay for the little things in life!! :)

No comments: