Saturday was his birthday party with family. We met at High Bridge Horse Farm in Boone. Anne, Libby, and their staff provided a great time with horse rides for everyone. We were hoping Warren would forget the carousel incident and ride a horse, but as he was meeting all the ponies one of them sneezed on him and that about sent him over the edge. For the next hour he told us over and over that he 'don't like it when da pony says a-choo.' At one point I forced him to sit on the smallest pony for a quick photo, but that was all he did. The funniest moment was when my mom mounted her horse while telling her guide that she is very comfortable riding because she grew up on horses and then proceeded to lose her balance and face plant into the mane of the horse. Those of us who only caught the end of that whole sequence thought she was giving the horse a hug. Ha! We all got a good laugh out of that one. After the ride, we went to my parents' church for pizza, cupcakes, and presents. Thanks to everyone who made the trip to Boone to help us celebrate our Warren! (Sorry the pictures are all out of order here. They came from dropbox and my phone and I don't know how to sequence stuff.)
Warren's current stats:
- He is teeny tiny. He hasn't had a well-child check up for a long time but we entered his weight and height into an online growth chart calculator and it said he's below the 5th percentile in both categories! I think he's 23 pounds currently.
- He wears size 4 diapers and has for almost a year. He talks about going potty on the potty chair but I'm not in any hurry. We've tried a couple times but he doesn't get it quite yet.
- He takes one afternoon nap each day which usually lasts about two hours. He usually sleeps through the night unless he's sick.
- He has had a few hair cuts by now. His first one was in November and he has had two since then. His hair color is similar to mine and his eye color is Dameon's. (hazelish brownish)
- He says every word and speaks in full sentences with lots of inflection and expression with his eyebrows (which he calls "eyebrowns"...Henry said that too)
- He can identify all 26 capital letters and several numbers.
- He knows all his colors and 5 shapes (circle, square, triangle, heart, star)
- He's a pretty good eater. Loves fruit and most veggies. Especially broccoli! He's not as much of a sweet tooth as Henry. He also loves milk but can't have it very often because it makes him constipated.
- He is a major cuddle bug and momma's boy. He calls me his best friend.
- He loves ponies more than any other toy. Ever. He likes the My Little Ponies the best but will accept the "boyish" ponies if other options aren't available. He still frequently totes his Blue Horse around.