Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 17, 2011

As If

As if this boy needs to melt my heart even more...

Last night we were driving home from having dinner in Des Moines with Grandpa Rick and Grandma Joyce. Henry periodically gets really freaked out in his car seat and kinda goes off the deep-end with hysterical crying, which is extra upsetting since he hardly ever cries. This was one of those times. I was in the backseat with him and he had been screaming for about ten minutes. I asked Dameon what he thought I should do and he said, "Why don't you try singing to him?" I figured that wouldn't work since we seemed to be past the point of no return. But it was worth a shot.

I put my cheek right against his and started softly singing, "Baby Beluga." (Dameon used to sing this song to Henry regularly before he was born and he would get really active.) Just like that, he quieted down, grabbed onto my finger, and fell asleep. Love that baby.