Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Annie's gettin' hitched

This coming weekend is one that has been anticipated for many weeks, months, and even years. I remember when I got the phone call. I was standing in the Atlantic Wal-Mart on the morning of Christmas Eve 2007. The place was bustling with last-minute shoppers. I was thrilled to actually be getting cell phone service, since nearby Elk Horn, IA is most definitely a dead zone. I was shocked when Annie made her announcement, since just two short months prior I had asked her on the phone, "So...should we be anticipating a 2008 wedding?" To which she quickly scoffed and said, "No. No way."
I was so thrilled for her...and for myself. I could now live vicariously through her and thus fill the wedding-withdrawl-sized hole in my heart. (Not that marriage isn't great, but that day goes by way too quickly!) Okay, but seriously, I am so excited for Annie and Ryley to make this life-changing and life-long commitment to each other. Marriage is a blessing and a gift, not to be taken lightly. Not that I'm all that wise or anything, but I do know that the Lord uses marriage to teach you so many things about yourself and about Himself. How awesome is that?
I'm honored to be able to stand up with Annie this weekend as she takes her vows and officially becomes Mrs. Bjustrom and I'm so thankful for her enduring friendship.

1 comment:

Lindsay B said...

Hey Lindsay, I see you entered the blogging world too! I post completely random things on mine, it's pretty sporadic. But since I just found yours, I'm tagging you! To see the rules, go to my blog: http://lindsbrown.blogspot.com/2008/10/ive-been-tagged-by-kelli.html