A few weeks ago I saw these things going around on facebook where people would write a list of random facts about themselves and pass it on. I enjoyed reading some of them and learning new things about my friends. I didn't get around to doing the facebook thing, but I thought just for fun I'd do a list here on my blog.
1. I really hate to fly. Hate it. I haven't flown since my honeymoon in 2007. It's not a fear of being up in the air as much as it's the motion sickness and confined space and HEAT. Oh, the heat. It's always soooo hot on those things. And, yes, I have utilized the barf bag. Just once on a flight from Des Moines to St. Louis.
2. I enjoy a good jigsaw puzzle. Always have. And I really want my kids to be good at puzzles!
3. I say, "We don't bounce on the couch," at least 11 times a day. Been saying this for about a year.
4. I think I would have 8 or 9 kids if I could skip over the being pregnant for many months part.
5. I once got fired from a job. Well, not fired so much as asked to quit. Same thing, right? It was a job I had in college that I thought I was pretty good at. I even had a customer bring me a plant once and thank me for doing such a great job. About a week later one of the managers led me to the office and told me I need to learn how to multi-task and I should reconsider majoring in education. Oh, and I was a senior. Sheesh. That was a bad day.
6. Mischa Barton, Amy Adams, Sarah Michelle Gellar. These are the celebrities I have been told I look like at various points in my life. The Mischa Barton call-out was definitely the most random. It was the very end of one of my college semesters and I stopped in my professor's office to pick up my final project. When I opened the binder to check my grade there was a giant picture of Mischa Barton that had been ripped out a magazine. She had stuck a post-it note to it and written about how she was on a flight and was reading this magazine. When she saw the picture she stared at it for a long time wondering if it was me. So she did the next most logical thing: rip it out, stuff it in her carry-on, and bring it to work to put in my project. Random!?!
7. Speaking of Mischa Barton, during our first Christmas break as a married couple, Dameon and I watched the entire series of The O.C. Ah, free time. Pretty sure nothing like that will happen again until we're empty-nesters.
8. The following is a list of shows of which I have seen every episode: Full House, Felicity, The O.C., Elmo's World (unfortunately), The Hills, Teen Mom, Parenthood
9. I have never seen or read Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. And I don't want to.
10. I didn't learn to swim until I was 10 years old. I have very vivid memories of my mom bribing me with ice cream cones if I would jump off the edge and let her catch me. I'm still not much of a risk taker.
11. There are no amusement park rides that I enjoy. There are a few that I will tolerate, but I don't enjoy any.
12. I think it would be fun to go to cosmetology school. I'm not sure I would enjoy working in a salon, but I think it would be a fun thing to know how to do.
13. I was a teacher for five years. In those five years, I had four jobs in four school districts. I taught preschool for two years in Deep River-Millersburg, kindergarten for one year in Williamsburg, kindergarten for one year in Waterloo, and preschool for one year in Winterset. That was a lot of classrooms to set up and tear down. It was a good career, but I don't miss it. I'd much rather be home with my kids.
14. I saw Titanic in the theater five times.
15. When I was in sixth grade I got my first CD player for Christmas along with my first CD. Jock Jams! ("Everybody dance now...")
16. Things that I've learned to like since marrying Dameon: the hawkeyes, diy projects (okay maybe I don't like them all the way, but I like them more than I used to. I remember the first project he ever did was to replace our sink in our old house. I had never heard of such a thing and just kept insisting we do things the traditional way and CALL SOMEONE.), old houses, biscuits and gravy
17. Things I still don't like, much to Dameon's dismay: frosting by the spoonful, boating, antiques, Grimm
18. I could probably eat pasta for every meal.
19. The last movie I saw in the theater was Les Miserables. I was super pregnant and missed a decent chunk of the movie due to frequent trips to the bathroom.
20. I've never broken a bone but I have dislocated my right knee three times. Once in high school, once in college, and once in May.