Total Pageviews

Monday, November 28, 2011

eleven months



Henry turned eleven months old many days ago but I'm just now getting around to the monthly update. Seems kinda sad that I won't be taking a monthly picture anymore after next month ... maybe I should just keep it going. I'm sure when he's sixteen years and four months old he'll just love that idea. Here are his latest stats...
  • He is fitting, but just barely, into 18-month size clothing. The boy is tall!
  • He is sporting two new teeth on the top, and it appears he will have quite a gap. If you knew me prior to 1998, you know where he got it from. Yes, braces will likely be in his future. But, for now, that gap is just so darn cute!
  • His favorite pastimes include pushing really small buttons, flipping light switches, pointing at anything and everything in the hope that we will name it for him, unloading any cabinet, drawer or basket he can access, playing peek-a-boo, and making this super cute "surprise" face where his eyebrows raise way up and his mouth makes a tiny little "o" shape.
  • He can do two signs (all done and more) and has a few word-like things that he says ("What's that", "Da-da", "Wow", "One")
  • He is showing signs that he's going to be very independent. Yes, I'll call it independent as opposed to strong-willed :) He wants to feed himself, doesn't want to have his diaper changed, doesn't want to be told "no", and doesn't really want to be restrained in his carseat. The other day I told Dameon that I felt like he was really starting to show some toddler-like behaviors with the whole throwing himself on the floor when I shut a door or take something from it that he can't have. I decided to look in our month-by-month book to see what it said about this. The first sentence for this month was something about how your baby will start to exhibit some of these behaviors around this age as they enter the stage of "I am toddler, hear me roar." Hmmmmm. Interesting.
  • We are busy preparing to celebrate the big first birthday next month. This makes me very excited and proud, while also making me want to curl up in a ball and cry my eyes out. I can't believe it's been a year!!!

No comments: