Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

He's Here...and he's WONDERFUL

It's hard to believe that our sweet Henry is one month old today! I am obviously soooo far behind on blogging, but I'll try to catch you up to speed little by little. As most of you know, Henry surprised us with an early arrival. At 36 weeks I was diagnosed with a rare condition called cholestasis of pregnancy. In a nutshell, this meant that my liver wasn't quite keeping up and the baby would need to be delivered at 37 weeks. After several trips to Des Moines with the expectation we would be induced, we ended up finally being admitted to the hospital on December 18. After about 12-13 hours of labor, my body just wasn't getting into gear and labor was not progressing. I was having lots of contractions but nothing was changing. We decided to have a c-section and Henry was born on December 19 at 4:25 in the afternoon. He is such a good baby -- great eater, great sleeper, great personality, and cute as a button.
I'm in the process of writing the whole birth story, which I'll share when I'm finished for those who want to read all the details. We have internet at our home now (yes, welcome to 2011 right?) so I'll be much more able to update regularly. Keep checking for more pictures still to come!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Congrats to you! Henry is adorable!

Heidi Baker said...

He IS cute as a button! Congratulations!!!!